Sweet Jase was such a sweet baby boy!!! I absolutely LOVED that his Daddy is a hunter and fisherman! Made for a great session that reminded me of my Daddy!
A newborn baby's skin is delicate and needs a careful approach to skin care. Chemicals, perfumes, and dyes in clothing, detergents and baby products can cause newborn skin irritation, dryness, chafing and rashes. The good thing about baby's skin sensitivity? Your touch on your newborn's skin has a soothing.
- Don’t go too crazy with the baths
- Choose gentle products
- Forget the baby powder
- Lotion is your friend
- Go easy on sun exposure
- Clean those folds
- Wash baby's clothing before it's worn
Newborn dry skin: Eczema
Most newborn skin problems, such as eczema don't develop for the first month or two. Eczema appears as a red, itchy rash mostly on face and scalp, at the elbows, and behind the knees.
A few tips on preventing dry, irritated skin and eczema:
- Try bathing once a week to allow skin to retain natural oils.
- Limit your use of baby skin products. If necessary, use only a small amount of lotion on dry skin areas.
- Make sure baby wears only soft clothing.
What are some of your favorite baby skin care products?